Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rant and rave.

I can't wait to be out of class and to have time to go to Yoga, and the gym. I've found myself all week wishing for yoga, thinking it would help with my stress level.

But, I digress. I've been reading blawgs lately about how 1L's DO have time to spend w/ their significant others and to do community service, and to blah blah blah, and all I can say is - you obviously are talking about those crazy 1L's that are traditional, and don't work full time. Us part timers? We just want to have some clean clothes, coffee, maybe a hot meal, and figure out how the hell we're supposed to do legal research while reading crazy amounts and trying to keep up with some warped version of the Socratic method.

Also, and this is beyond crazy, I find myself becoming annoyed in class with professors. I'm sitting there thinking - Really? We're watching a video on the weight of words? No, sorry, I don't have time for this. Teach me what I need to learn, and then let me get into the library and start using it on one of the 29384693 assignments you've given me this week. But don't waste my time with other crap that isn't relevant to everything you're expecting me to get done. And crying in class? Please, I lost touch with my emotions somewhere between weeks 5 and 6, when I realized that I'm going to have to go into your final with no idea if I have any of the skills you expect me to have, and with no benchmark or feedback as to how I'm doing, and no real knowledge as to what is is your looking for. SO yeah, that's my frustration right now. And the fact that once (maybe twice) a week my classmates and I go out, play trivia, and have beer? Those are survival skills people, survival. And way more important than say, clean clothes or hot meals.

Sorry for the rant, the end of semester stress is just starting to really hit me. :p

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on that one. Some days I really want to ask for my money back because an hour of hearing about the prof's radical ideas on contracts that we will not be tested on is not, I feel, a good use of my time or the $200 per credit hour I am paying to be here.

    There are five more weeks in this semester but I'm totally over it. Gotta make it through somehow though...it's good to know I'm not the only one suffering!

    ReplyDelete