Saturday, April 2, 2011

Having fun, working hard.

Second semester of law school. It was so hard to start. And now with only a month left before classes end, I'm actually doing really well. Surprisingly enough, I pulled A's on all of my midterms (SQUEEEEEE!), and am preparing already for finals. I feel like I finally have somewhat of a grasp on this whole law school thing, and with some minor tweaks, and can really do it. It's an amazing feeling. I'm not scared and over preparing anymore, instead I'm being methodical, and not stressing as much. Last semester was intense...I crammed every single thing in my head that I could just incase it was tested on. Now I'm getting the concepts, understanding how to apply them, and am doing better. Now, don't let me fool you, I don't understand everything, but I'm trying to understand the concepts and how to apply them. It's awesome.

The only thing that I am nervous about right now is the summer and next semester. I'm not taking any summer classes because I'm going to Europe for 2 weeks, and the semester starts while I'm gone. So that puts me at needing to take four classes next semester, which is basically 6-9PM four nights a week.  It's busy with three classes, I can't even imagine how I'm going to feel with four. The good news is that my writing classes will be done, so that'll lighten my load a bit. And I can't try and write on to law review until the Spring semester anyway, so I might as well just take four and see where the chips fall.

Also? How everyone tells you that your law school friends will be your friends forever? I hope that's true, because I really love the group of friends that I've made. They're amazing, flawed, real people, but we have a lot of fun together, and there's some real connections made. I really do hope that I know them for the rest of my life. :)

Anyway, I know that I haven't updated in forever, so I thought I'd give a quick update on what's going on with me. As finals come up and I get more stressed I'm sure I'll update this more often. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment