Friday, July 1, 2011

Worst blogger ever? This gal.

Well, my first part of my 1L year is over! What a relief. Unfortunately, I'm still a 1L credit wise until I complete 30 credit hours...since I've completed 18, and am taking 12 in the fall, it looks like I'm technically a 1L until Christmas. :)

Summer has been awesome so far. I'm not in summer school since they released the calendar during the Spring semester, and I had already booked my Europe trip over the beginning of classes. As it turns out, it's actually been a blessing. The class I was going to take has had 4 different professors in 6 weeks. Sounds like a hot mess, and nothing that I want to gamble with my GPA with.

...speaking of GPA. I did fairly well. But, I really thought going in that all that advice that C's are the norm for the smart kids in law school didn't apply to me. Well, I got one C and the rest I got B's, but I realized, that C is the majority, and the curve forces it to be that way. Especially in smaller sections. And my law school curves us with our little section, and then ranks us in with the bigger classes, which makes the system completely skewed, but I guess that's how it is. Either way, my ranking isn't a clear picture of my standing, at all. Overall, I'm happy with my GPA. So, that's what it is I guess.

I'm starting to gear up for the fall semester, especially since I've added another class on to the standard 3, and will now be taking 4 lovely classes a week. Civ Pro 2, Torts I, Property I, and Con Law I. It'll be a big schedule, but I think I can handle it.

Thankfully, things have slowed down and improved in my personal life. It's amazing that you walk into law school, meet people, form bonds with them, and come out a year later with a whole new family. It's been a great experience so far.

I'm gonna work on being better at blogging. I hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment