Monday, May 19, 2014

I did it!



So, this is a weird post for me to write. A few years ago I started this blog, as a way to chronicle my law school journey. To give advice to newbies, and to share my experiences with teh interwebz at large. Now, sitting here typing this, bar results are in...and I passed! 64% of bar sitters in my state passed, and I'm beyond amazed to say that I am indeed one of them. It was an incredible moment, to pull that list up and see my name there. I worked my ass off for it, and I'm so glad to finally have reached my goals. The high is one like you'd never imagine.

So what's next for me? Since I've gotten married to my husband who's active duty, we've received orders to move. So although I've successfully passed the bar exam in my home state, I'm moving to another state in three weeks and taking the July exam. Multi-state lawyers ... can't wait!

Thank you so much to everyone who read this blog and came along on this crazy, painful, fun, rewarding, and amazing experience.

2 comments:

  1. Just finished reading your whole blog, Congrats on graduating and passing the Bar. I've always wanted to practice law and cannot wait until my 1L. I probably read a dozen or so blogs/pieces on the 1L phenomenon and I got to say, yours was like watching Forrest Gump and trying not to cry, okay maybe that's a little different but you get the point. You can see how you really matured through the process and found yourself and happiness through much perseverance and grit while workingfull time. Thanks for sharing your story and I wish you and yours the best.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete