Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bar review, BarBri, Open Bar....

The most surprising thing about law school so far? The amount of alcohol the school provides to us. Open bars at every mixer, happy hours, etc, I feel like so far law school wants to liquor me up so I forget to be anxious about it and actually meet my fellow classmates. At least it is good for loosening up and chatting with the people I'm going to be spending the next couple of years with. (Let me be clear: I'm not complaining. Complaining about free alcohol is not something you'll see on this blog. :))

My section is having a get together on Saturday night, and I can't make it since Steph and I are having a 'going away' party of sorts for me. Not that I'm going anywhere, other than into my books. It'll be a nice end of summer/beginning of school party for everyone, but I'm kind of bummed that I'm missing the meet up with my section. Although if the blogs are to be believed, I'll end up spending way too much time with my section members anyway, so in a few months it won't matter.

So far, one of my least favorite things about law school is the people (friends and relatives) that call me and ask for legal advice. At first I told them that I haven't started yet and know nothing, but then I started getting fed up with it and just started giving random advice that really made no sense. As soon as I started that, the calls for advice stopped.  Those calls are only marginally better than the comments I get about how law school is going to be unbearably hard. Although I did have someone tell me that it can't possibly be THAT hard, and that there's probably not THAT much reading. Really? I hope that's true, but we all know it's not.

It's 12 1/2 days out and counting. Saturday is support person orientation, and I have orientation itself next Fri and Sat. Other than the first week reading list coming out, and deciding whether or not to turn my dining room into an office, I'm all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment