Sunday, August 22, 2010

Contracts, you win

So, first week down. And I have to tell you, I'm in class-love with contracts so far. Crim Law? Not so much, hate hate hate so far. So complicated already, it makes my head spin. Contracts, while there are shades of grey and complications, seems fun. Weird, right? But looking in those little details to figure out how to get around it or if there's acceptance/offer/etc? Love it so far.

What else do I love? Um, going part time and my boss letting me work 35 hours. I'm a week and a half ahead, which makes my stress load somewhere near non-hair pulling, especially with the upcoming trip to Vegas this weekend. And then I have Labor Day in two weeks, and no boss at work until mid-September. Things, thus far, are good*. I'm hoping that it all doesn't come crashing down on me.

Did I mention that I have a study partner that I work pretty well with? However, there's a classmate of ours that has crashed our study sessions and all she does is chit chat. And argue. And not know what's going on in the cases. All I know is that when my study partner cornered me and said "DONT INVITE PERSON X AGAIN!" (not that I did in the first place), I felt bad. Time to navigate those tricky personal relationships.

Also great about this study group? We're outlining already. Buh bam! At least I feel like I'm on the right track, and we're doing our best to stay on it. I just hope that I can keep ahead like this throughout law school. Admittedly, it's a lot different for me since I'm a part time student, but I really have to schedule out every minute of my studying to get the most out of it, and I have to stay on top of it, big time.

Well, that's all for the first week, other than the awful cold I got and still have. Gonna go take some nighttime cold medicine and pray that I'm better by tomorrow.

Here's lookin at you week 2. :)

*knocking on some serious wood with this statement

No comments:

Post a Comment