Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm an idiot

Yesterday when the book list came out, I was little miss pep-in-my-step and immediately went online and ordered all of the books used from Amazon (discounts whoo!). I was proud of myself for not ordering the one "suggested" book, and just ordered the required ones. I've read enough online to know to wait to see what the professor is like and what's really needed. I haven't ordered any supplements or anything yet (I'm a little behind on all the acronym's - barbri, e&e, 7&7, etc) and wanted to wait to see what my professors had to say before I purchased anything extra. Anyway, then my (apparently much smarter) classmates posted on our forum about how they got Blacks Law Dictionary for $30 and one student got last years edition, and how that's fine to use, etc etc. And here's me, who paid $100 for a new copy on Amazon.com lookin like a total idiot. "hey guys! look at my brand new shiny law dictionary! wooot!"

Gotta say, for the first 'hang your head in shame' moment of law school, that one wasn't so bad. Now, if I could just get over my anxiety about the Socratic method...that'd be great.

Oh, and someone finally gave us the deets on support people orientation. I don't even have to go! How sweet is that?! I get to miss the one law school mixer where there's no alcohol involved. :)

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment