Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Paranoia, Paranoia, Everybody's coming to get me....

I just had lunch with my S.O. (affectionally known as K), and we had a long discussion about what law school may or may not be like. And I came to the realization that the students telling us to study 50-60 hours a week may have been exaggerating (I hope!), and the one telling us that he only studied 10-15 hours was under exaggerating (I hope not!). Either way, it doesn't matter to me. I will study what I need to study to learn the material and to get a good grasp on it. Honestly, I'm just glad that I wasn't the kid asking "wait, the book list is out? what do you mean we have first week readings?" or the one who had no idea that our grades were based on midterms and finals. I've done a lot of 'homework' for law school, and I feel like I at least know the mechanics of what to expect. And the cherry on the proverbial cake is that I have K, who is so fantastically supportive that I don't have to worry about him thinking I'm not spending enough time with him, or doing enough for him, or any of that BS. He gets it, and just wants to support me. That makes me an extremely lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment