Monday, July 19, 2010

Introduction

In the summer before law school I found myself doing what every other 0L was doing...scouring the internet for tips, advice, smoke signals, carrier pigeons, anyone, anything, with any experience, that could tell me that maybe law school isn't going to be as horrendous as I originally thought. Here's what I actually found: that law school students are a bunch of narcissistic, funny people. And they ALL blog. So hell, here we go, I decided to jump on that bandwagon and see where it takes me.

Today is officially a month until I start my 1L experience as a part time evening student while working full time during the day. I've bought the requisite expensive mac, read the requisite books, and am now trying to squeeze every last drop of fun out of my summer with my boyfriend. Who I feel like is completely unprepared to see the maniac I'm about to turn into. Although, since we haven't gotten our reading lists yet, and dates and times for orientation and support person meetings are still 'tenative', I think he's starting to get a glimpse of my manic-ness. I feel like need some sort of concrete plans here so I can at least prepare myself for what to expect. Which we all know is a pile of bull, since I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I'm flying blind here, but there's comfort that all the other 0L's are just as blind.

At least I've found some comfort that relationships can make it through 1L, and that 3-4 hours outside of class per class hour isn't how much work there actually is. I keep hearing that this is going to be one of the most challenging things I ever do. And I guess at the end of the day, I'm ready to meet that challenge head on. Welcome to legally challenged. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. We're not all narcissistic! I mean, if you ignore the fact that we only post about ourselves and write about ourselves when we comment on other blawgs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I threw myself right in the mix, so I figure I have a little (or a lot) of narcissism in me too!

    ReplyDelete