Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Law Job + 12 Credit Summer

In two days, I will have completed a 12 credit summer. It was supposed to be a 14 credit summer, but thanks to a last minute cancellation, it was only 12. Thankfully I'm making those 2 credits up in the fall. It's honestly been exhausting. Intersession is a beast, but I'm lucky that I get to spend it with people that I adore.

I can't WAIT to start my new law job. Is it just me, or when law students get hired onto firms, do they all think, "who me? really? me?!" - because that's exactly what I thought. I can't believe I found a firm that likes me enough to work with me, let me have off early during finals and midterms, and will hire me as an attorney after I graduate. I feel like an exceptionally lucky and fortunate girl, more so than I can say. Plus it works in with our long term plans, especially if we get stationed where we want to.

I'm just really excited about life right now - and I'm really happy. Moving 30 miles away isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, it just leaves me happy every day. Plus I'm thinking that we may buy a Prius pretty soon to cut down the gas that I seem to be constantly using a ton of. But life is good. I get to go out of town to cooler weather for a couple of days soon and I can't wait for that. Then fall semester starts up and I'm looking forward to my trip to Baltimore/DC. It should be a really great ending to a really great year.

Things are looking up up up.

No comments:

Post a Comment